START YOUR CAREER
CAREERS AT SHAPING CLOUD
We have a team that is innovative, fast acting and hardworking, performing at their best every single day. If you love a challenge and like to get stuck in and really make a difference, Shaping Cloud could be the place for you.
We work hard at Shaping Cloud to ensure our teams have the best possible opportunities to perform at an exceptional level. Our team enjoy the support of their peers, exchanging ideas and opinions, sharing learning and providing a robust network of knowledge and support that allows everyone to excel in their individual roles. Outside of the daily working routine we know how to let our hair down and enjoy ourselves and whether you are a Friday night regular or save yourself all year for the Christmas party, we have something for everyone to get involved with.
We deliver intelligent cloud solutions that enable organisations to transform the way they deliver services and improve people’s lives.
By joining Shaping Cloud you will ultimately be working toward making the world a better place. That may seem like a pretty tall order, but it is what drives and inspires us. We are always working for the very best interests of our customers and strive to always build and deliver
An opportunity at Shaping Cloud is exactly that. The chance for you to show us what you’ve got. Take charge of your own career and we will support you every step of the way. We have a team that is innovative, fast acting and hardworking, performing at their best every single day. If you love a challenge and like to get stuck in and really make a difference, Shaping Cloud could be the place for you.
YOUR SEARCH STARTS HERE
LATEST VACANCIESThese are exciting times here at Shaping Cloud. We’re always on the lookout for more talented people to join our unique band. Apply online today!
- UK-based Home / Manchester
- UK-based Home / Manchester
Why choose Shaping Cloud?
You’ll be joining a community of technically gifted, business savvy and customer-focused people who love what they do.
We have a culture-first approach to hiring and look to identify our company values in all our people. We want someone that is happy to take ownership, that brings enthusiasm to all they do, who is inclusive and finds value in everyone, that is entrepreneurial and remains relevant and at the forefront of developments and finally, someone that will strive for excellence in their role.
We spend around 20% of our lives at work and so it makes sense to try and make that time enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. The key to any successful culture is trust — at Shaping Cloud we ask our clients and partners to trust us and so it is imperative that we replicate that trust internally. Flexible working policies mean that our people are able to work in the way that best suits them and their own family commitments.
What will be doing?
- Work alongside technical SME’s to create the content and deliver the completed written responses / bid proposals by agreed deadlines
- Demonstrate comprehension and create new content, where required, tailoring to suit each tender
- Complete sector and client research to with the purpose of enhancing the bid response
- Research and identifying the best opportunities and/or frameworks as suitable for Shaping Cloud based on industry, specialism or target customer, carrying out initial desktop qualifications of opportunities
- Establish a library of bid templates and provide continuous development of the bid library
- Drive continuous improvement, through post-bid reviews, both internally and with customers
- Co-ordinate and plan all client presentations required as part of the bid submission
- Ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines.
- Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation (such as providing guidance around the executive summary).
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all products / services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Work with the Sales leaders to develop a clear win strategy for each bid and ensure win themes are clear and compelling.
What experience do I need?
- Previous experience in writing content for successful bids.
- Experience and knowledge of the end-to-end bid process.
- Demonstrable understanding commercial value.
- Knowledge of the tender and / or frameworks registration process
- Excellent literacy and proof-reading skills.
- Proficiency within Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint – including use of templating features
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills
- Ability to work independently and build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders
What would be desirable?
- Previous experience of working within a lead/ senior bid, proposal, or tender type position.
- Experience within or knowledge of public sector procurement processes
- Passion or interest in technology.
- APMP/PRINCE2 qualification is desirable
Benefits that matter
- 25 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays. (On completion of two complete years’ service, holiday entitlement will increase by 1 day per year up to 28 days (pro rata for part time employees)
- Pension scheme, with contributions made before tax and national insurance deductions
- Flexible working structure – Output based; home based with flexible working arrangements supported enabling family friendly options.
- Access to a shared managed workspace with complimentary refreshments.
- Personal and professional development framework – Each employee has time with our Team Coach to tailor their development plan
- 5 paid study days per year to use to upskill and further your career development
- Welcome pack containing Shaping Cloud merchandise
- Private health care for employees, with option to add dependents. Includes physical and mental health care plans with access to support services.
- Life Insurance
- Monthly social events, plus quarterly in person social events to encourage team connection
- 2 charity days per year to support a community or a cause that matters to you
- Eye care voucher
What is the process?
At Shaping Cloud, we operate a non-bias recruitment and selection process, meaning all identify data is masked during initial shortlisting. We commit to each candidate meeting with a diverse interview panel throughout selection with the promise to hire purely based on merit and skills.
- 3 stage interview process, all held remotely via MS Teams
- Fair and constructive feedback provided to all following an interview
All successful candidates, at the point of offer will be required to undergo a basic DBS check and pre-employment checks in line with BPSS criteria, to include evidencing Right to Work in the UK.